What to expect at FCC!
Everyone at our church was new at one time or another, so we remember what its like. To make your visit easier, we have members to greet you and answer any questions you have. They can point you in the right direction, help you get your kids to the right location, and provide you with information about our various ministries.
When are your services?
9:30 – Traditional worship service in the Sanctuary. In this service, we offer songs from the hymnal led by our Chancel Choir and beautiful music from our piano and new pipe organ.
9:30 – Alternative worship service in the Youth Building. In this service we offer music with more of a contemporary feel. This service is casual with interactive discussion and dialogue.
10:30- Is our fellowship time where members from both services come together before the Sunday School hour.
10:45 is our Sunday School hour. We offer classes from preschool age through adult. The variety of adult classes provide the opportunity for you to find the class that meets your spiritual education needs.
As part of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ),
each week we celebrate the Lord’s Supper and welcome
all Christians to join us in that celebration.
When should I arrive?
If you are arriving with children you may want to come about 20 minutes before the Sunday school or the service begins so that we can help you find your children’s room before showing you to your location.
- There is visitor and handicap parking directly adjacent to the sanctuary or general parking behind the sanctuary next to the Fellowship hall.
What should I wear?
Come as you are! While you might tend to worry about what to wear to church, you will fit in just fine whether you come in jeans and a t-shirt, polo and khakis, or a suit and tie. What is in our hearts is more important that what is on our body!
What kinds of people are there?
On a typical Sunday, you’ll see all kinds of people – from new parents, to empty nesters, to singles enjoying socializing, to senior adults hanging out with life long friends. First Christian Church is truly a multi-generational community of faith with people from all walks of life.
What is there for my kids?
Kids are a gift from God. That’s why we provide an energetic, fun, educational program for them. We’ve got all the resources necessary … well trained teachers, great facilities, and plenty of toys and resources.
- We have an excellent nursery for your little ones.
- While you are in Sunday school, your kids are too – in a developmentally appropriate way.
- During the worship services:
- Preschool aged children can remain in childcare or attend the worship service with their parents
- School-aged children can attend the full worship service with their parents
- At a designated time during the service all children are invited to come forward for our Children’s Time which is a message designed specifically for the children that is related to the overall message of the day.